My Daily Choice – HempWorx Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is CBD? Exactly what is CBD Oil?
- How are Hempworx CBD Oils superior to other products
- Is hemp-derived CBD oil legal in the United States?
- I heard the FDA was shutting down CBD companies. Is this true?
- Will I pass a drug test?
- Will this get me high?
- Is it safe to take CBD oil with other medications?
- Are there any side effects to CBD oil?
- Is Hempworx CBD oil safe for use in children?
- What kinds of conditions can CBD oil help with?
- What is the best way to take/use CBD?
- How much CBD oil should I take?
- Do I need to take CBD oil with food?
- Can I use the topical creams and the CBD oil at the same time?
- Are your products safe?
- Are there other ways (besides sublingually) to use or consume the oil?
- Where do you source your hemp and CBD from?
- What kind of testing/analysis is performed on your products?
- What is CO2 extraction?
- What’s the difference between subcritical and supercritical CO2 extractions?
- What’s the difference between CBD oil and the hemp products I buy at the grocery store?
- What’s the difference between hemp and marijuana?
- Are hemp derived cannabinoids from CBD as great as CBD from cannabis?
- What’s the portion of cannabinoids and CBD in your products?
- Is a standard hemp seed oil the same as a high-CBD hemp extract?
- What exactly is the endocannabinoid system?
What is CBD? Exactly what is CBD Oil?
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally taking place constituent of commercial hemp/cannabis. Its formula is C21H30O2 and it has a molecular mass of 314.4636. It is the most abundant non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in marijuana, and is being scientifically investigated for numerous reasons. CBD oil is a marijuana oil (whether derived from cannabis or industrial hemp, as the word marijuana is the latin genus name for both) that has significant amounts of cannabidiol (CBD) included within it. Our CBD items and extracts are stemmed from commercial or industrial hemp, so they could be considered CBD-rich hemp oil, hemp obtained CBD oil, CBD-rich cannabis oil, or plainly “hemp extracts” because they generally contain much more than just CBD.
Once again, cannabis doesn’t suggest marijuana, however is the genus name, and general umbrella term which all types of cannabis and hemp fall under. The form of cannabis we utilize for our CBD and hemp extracts is commercial aka industrial hemp.
How are Hempworx CBD Oils superior to other products?
- Our products are non GMO, organic, made in the USA, and very rich in the raw materials we use. We are confident in our products because we utilize the full spectrum Hemp plant and our customers will get better results with our products than any others in the marketplace!
- Our hemp is domestically grown hemp, which is important, because the cannabinoid rich hemp flower may be used in processing, whereas the hemp flower is not permitted to be imported, and extracts made from imported hemp use more plant material and are missing the viscous resin present in the hemp flower in the extract.
- We utilize the most premium method of extraction that leaves behind the cleanest whole plant and TRULY full spectrum extract – subcritical C02 extraction. This extraction method utilizes a lower temperature extraction process at a much slower pace, and as a result preserves not only the cannabinoid profile, but also the other therapeutic benefits of the plant such as flavonoids and terpenes. Terpenes (smell molecules) can help facilitate the passage of cannabinoids past the blood brain barrier and are important to preserve.
- The level of transparency of our company far exceeds that of other companies. We have direct access to our farm and farmers and staff at the farm (gencanna.com), we produce not one but three different test result certificates for our tinctures and prominently display the documentation in a special section on our website. We FULLY test our products – not just for the cannabinoid profile (CBD, THC, CBN, CBG, CBVA, etc), but also testing for microbiological agents such as yeast, mold and other bacteria, heavy metals and solvents. The good news is that our results show NONE of these unfavorable foreign matter present in our product. Ask yourself when shopping for CBD oil – do you see that your oil has been tested for these things?
- Our farm uses a proprietary FreshLock drying system during harvest. Within 2-3 minutes of harvest, the hemp is sealed and protected from any growth or new introduction of pathogens or microbiological agents. This is why we can confidently test for these things, because we know our product will pass.
- Our whole plant full spectrum extract is thinned by a pressed hemp seed oil, from the same hemp grown on the same farm, with no other additives other than in our natural peppermint flavor, a natural peppermint essential oil. There are no sweeteners, additives, fillers, non-hemp derived products in our oil. It’s pure, potent, hemp-derived CBD oil.
- Where else can you find all of the above qualities in an oil that costs any less than $120 per 30ml bottle? Nowhere. Our oils cost as little as $49.75 per bottle when purchased in the 4 or 12 pack options.
Where can I buy HempWorx CBD?
Mark Pena and Michele Buckler are Hempworx affiliates. You can purchase directly from the company through out website. HempWorks2.com Michele also sells Hempworx at her store, Sand N Stones in Lewes, DE and Mark has information and trial pack with him most of the time at the Farmers Markets. You can also contact us directly. We also have a Facebook group that you can join Helps Ease My Pain.
A they say timing is everything- and now is the perfect time to join My Daily Choice and HempWorx.
In addition to it myriad of benefits, HempWorx can help you financially. When you join My Daily Choice as an affiliate, you’ll have the opportunity to earn both life-changing income and the freedom that can come from building your own business. They have some of the hottest breakthrough products, a lucrative compensation plan in the industry, and a revolutionary easy to use marketing system. You’ll earn free products, time to spend with the ones you love, and cold hard cash. Simply put My Daily Choice can change your life.
Is hemp-derived CBD oil legal in the United States?
- Here’s some interesting information about our farming partners and how we are striving to be 100% compliant in the CBD industry. MANY companies buying from Colorado, California, or overseas are NOT compliant.
The 2014 Farm Bill (Agricultural Act of 2014) changed the legal status of hemp in the US forever. Section 7606 conveyed to state Department of Agricultures, and institutions of higher learning, the ability to grow, cultivate, process and market hemp so long as research projects were conducted in accordance with corresponding state and federal laws. While a small path to accessing this American grown superfood became available, it wasn’t until a Statement of Principles, issued last August by the USDA (also signed by DOJ/DEA and HHS/FDA), that federal agencies had a legal basis for the broad federal acceptance of hemp.
Further recent clarification has removed most of the legal questions about the movement of hemp and hemp-derived products over state and international lines. Kentucky’s leadership in hemp reform, stemming from its long ago history as the dominant American supplier of hemp products, has ensured that Kentucky’s farmers and processors are at the vanguard of this re-emerging agricultural commodity.
Our farming partners are proud to have a successful history and relationship with the Kentucky Department of Agriculture, instituting their Head Office at the Hemp Research Campus in Winchester, KY, and becoming the first recipient of a multiyear production permit. Kentucky grown hemp enjoys the clarity of the agricultural production of a re-purposed crop in a jurisdiction famous for its farmers and its hemp.
Furthermore, HR 3530 (Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2017) is currently making its way through Congress. The purpose of this bill is to clarify the Controlled Substances Act to specifically distinguish marijuana from hemp, which, per the language in the bill, “has hundreds of legitimate uses”. The bill has made its way through many committees. It was introduced in July 2017 and is expected to be passed soon.
Moments before, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the 2018 Farm Bill by a vote of 369 to 47. On December 10, the U.S Senate passed the 2018 Farm Bill with permanent hemp legalization by an overwhelming 87-13 vote! On December 20, 2018 President Trump signed the 2018 Farm Bill. Hemp and its derivatives will be permanently removed from the Controlled Substance Act.
I heard the FDA was shutting down CBD companies. Is this true?
- The FDA has warned companies marketing CBD products not to make any claims about the use of CBD to treat or prevent disease. This is due to the fact that the FDA has not approved CBD or any other cannabinoid for any medical indications and does not currently regard it as having medicinal benefit. We were not among the companies warned by the FDA, and as an industry leader, we make it a point to remain conservatively compliant with all FDA guidelines. We never make claims about the benefits of our products and, instead, encourage you to do your own research and discuss your concerns with your doctor before starting any new dietary supplement.
- This is where the Hemp Round-table is coming in. Launched in early 2017, the U.S. Hemp Roundtable (https://hempsupporter.com/about/) is a coalition of over 60 hemp companies – representing every link of the product chain, from seed to sale – and all of the industry’s major national grassroots organizations. In order ensure the long term viability of the industry – the Roundtable’s mission includes:
- Focused lobbying efforts in state capitols to fully legalize hemp and popular hemp-derived products like cannabidiol (CBD)
- Facilitating information exchange with law enforcement and federal agency officials
- Continued long-term legislative advocacy on other major policy issues, remaining vigilant against potential attempts of rival industries to halt hemp’s progress
- Coordination with the US Hemp Authority, whose certification program promotes high standards, best practices and self-regulation, providing confidence to consumers that hemp products are safe and to law enforcement that they are legal
Will I pass a drug test?
- CBD is considered to be undetectable in saliva or urine tests, though there remains a rare instance that the small trace amounts of THC may be detected. All of our products comply with all regulations regarding minimal THC content, and our full-spectrum hemp oil contains less than 0.3% of THC by volume, as required by law. However, we recommend you check with your employer or any other interested party such as a pain management doctor or clinic if drug testing is a part of their employment protocol.
- HempWorx has also developed a CBD Isolate which only uses part of the plant, so it has Zero THC.
Will this get me high?
- You will not experience a “high” feeling from ingesting CBD oil. Unlike marijuana, hemp contains extremely low levels of (THC), which is the the compound in marijuana responsible for making a person feel high.
Is it safe to take CBD oil with other medications?
- CBD oil is generally safe to consume alongside other common prescription medications (such as antidepressants, blood pressure medications, etc), however it is strongly recommend that you do your own research and speak to your doctor when incorporating CBD oil into your regimen. Take the oil anywhere from 30-45 to 2 hours before or after the medication dose is a conservative approach. However, any medications that should not be taken with grapefruit juice should not be taken with CBD oil. This has to do with cytochrome P450 enzymes which are needed to process some medications. CBD can temporarily deactivate these enzymes when consumed and interfere with how some medications are metabolized, potentially increasing the half-life of the medication. For more information on cytochrome P450 enzymes and CBD, this article may be helpful: https://www.projectcbd.org/science/cannabis-pharmacology/cbd-drug-interactions-role-cytochrome-p450
Are there any side effects to CBD oil?
- CBD is a cannabinoid and it is prudent to begin your relationship with CBD in a conservative fashion. CBD oil should be consumed in a such a manner that you gently introduce the endocannabinoid system to cannabinoids and allow it to “wake up”. In general, if you begin with a very small serving of oil (3-5 drops twice daily), you can avoid possible initial side effects such as headache, dry mouth and detox effects (similar to what you might experience during a fast). You can increase the number of drops consumed per serving, or frequency as you feel led. Sometimes, you may feel these effects even with a small dose, but only for a few days, up to a week. Also taking too much too soon can cause these symptoms. Continue to drink lots of water and eat well, and rest. If you do not experience any of these effects, you can increase slowly until you find your “sweet spot” – the amount per day per dose that works best for your body and your needs.
The reason that side effects are sometimes felt when first starting CBD oil can be understood when looking at the science behind what is actually happening in your body. The endocannabinoid system is responsible for homeostasis in the body and bringing everything that is in an extreme state back into balance. If you have anything in an extreme state in the body, the body begins to work with the CBD to heal itself. Healing is a process, and does not mirror the allopathic method of treating symptoms we are accustomed to in Western medicine. Any headache or detox-like symptoms should abate after a few days to a week. If they do not, try scaling back the number of drops, or stopping completely for 1-2 days, and starting over at a lower dose. Generally when you start feeling well, you feel the best you’ve felt your entire life… so the process of healing with CBD is WORTH IT.
Is Hempworx CBD oil safe for use in children?
- CBD oil has been shown to be safe in both pediatric and adult use. It is recommended that children start with a microdose (1-2 drops 1 time per day) and work up as needed, at the discretion of the child’s caregiver and/or doctor.
What kinds of conditions can CBD oil help with?
Studies and testimonials have shown that CBD oil can help with a variety of conditions. Conditions that CBD oil may help with:
- Improves overall health
- Supports healthy energy levels
- Maintain normal and stable Moods
- Helps with occasional sleepiness
- Maintains healthy immune functions
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Supports optimal cardiovascular health
- Helps improve joint discomfort
- Helps maintain healthy healthy blood sugar levels
- Supports healthy skin
- Supports healthy weight loss
- All Around Happier
What is the best way to take/use CBD?
- We have several powerful delivery systems that you can use for optimal results. The drops are by far the most concentrated form of CBD because you are getting in sublingually (under the tongue). There’s a 98% absorption rate with the tincture drops because the CBD gets absorbed right into the bloodstream. However, if you are looking for the best skin care products on the planet, we recommend our CBD Skin Care line.
How much CBD oil should I take?
- Our starting advised serving size is 20 drops twice a day but we generally recommend exploring to see exactly works for you. Many will start out with 1/3 – 1/2 of a dropper (5-10 drops) and work their way up to a full dropper twice a day.
Do I need to take CBD oil with food?
- It is not necessary to take CBD oil with food. You can take it anytime, with or without food or drink.
Can I use the topical creams and the CBD oil at the same time?
Are your products safe?
- All Hempworx hemp crops are grown free of chemical fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides, so our quality starts with our hemp plants. From the time our hemp oil is harvested to the manufacturing and shipping of our products, we test our hemp oil multiple times to ensure accuracy in potency information and to check for contaminants like pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, and mold, as well as cannabinoid content. We also use a subcritical CO2 method when we extract our hemp oil, instead of harsh solvents. CO2 is a much healthier choice than other potential solvents and is “generally regarded as safe” (GRAS) by the FDA.
Are there other ways (besides sublingually) to use or consume the oil?
- The oil can be taken orally in beverages or drinks, or added to honey or nut butters. It can also be rubbed topically into the skin. However, there is a 98% absorption rate provided subliminally.
Where do you source your hemp and CBD from?
- We source our CBD from our partnering farms and growers in Kentucky (GenCanna).
What kind of testing/analysis is performed on your products?
- All of our products are manufactured in an FDA compliant, CGMP certified, and cruelty free facility. We undergo extensive stability testing.
What is CO2 extraction? What’s the difference between subcritical and supercritical CO2 extractions?
- CO2 extraction is an extraction procedure that uses pressurized co2 to extract phyto-chemicals (such as CBD, CBG, or terpenes, flavonoids, etc.) from a plant. CO2 at specific temperatures and pressures acts like a solvent, without the threats of really being one. It is the most expensive extraction method, and is commonly considered the most reliable and safest plant extraction technique in the world. Lots of hemp and CBD companies boast about their supercritical CO2 extractions, however that’s actually just one (and perhaps an inferior) approach of using a CO2 extraction machine. There are also subcritical CO2 extractions, and ‘mid-critical’, a basic range between subcritical and supercritical. Subcritical (low temperature, low pressure) CO2 extractions take more time and produce smaller sized yields than super-critical, however they retain the important oils, terpenes, and other sensitive chemicals within the plant. Supercritical, on the other hand, is a high pressure and heat procedure that harms most terpenes and heat sensitive chemicals, but can extract much bigger molecules such as lipids (omega 3 and 6), chlorophyll, and waxes. A genuinely full-spectrum CO2 extract consists of very first performing a subcritical extraction, separating the drawn out oil, and after that drawing out the very same plant material using supercritical pressure, then homogenizing both oil extracts into one. In the vital oil industry, an extract used this specific process is described as a CO2 Total.
What’s the difference between CBD oil and the hemp products I buy at the grocery store?
- Hemp products sold in stores are most often made with hemp seed oil, which can contain only trace amounts of CBD. While it has been noted that hemp seed oil can be a great source of nutrition, its marginal quantity of CBD per weight makes it unfeasible as a CBD supplement. Our CBD hemp oil, however, is extracted from the stalk of specifically selected hemp cultivars, offering higher percentages of CBD by weight and additional nutritional benefits from the contents of our oil.
What’s the difference between hemp and marijuana?
- Scientifically, industrial Hemp and Marijuana are the exact same plant, with a genus and species name of Cannabis Sativa. They have a drastically various hereditary profile though. Industrial Hemp is constantly a stress of Cannabis sativa, while marijuana can be Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica, or Cannabis ruderalis. The significant distinction is how commercial hemp has actually been reproduced compared with a marijuana form of Cannabis sativa.
Generally speaking, industrial hemp is really fibrous, with long strong stalks, and hardly has any flowering buds, while a marijuana pressure of Cannabis sativa will be smaller sized, bushier, and filled with blooming buds. However, more recent industrial hemp ranges in the USA are being bred to have more flowers and greater yields of cannabinoids and terpenes, such as our Kentucky hemp we’re now utilizing! 99% of the time marijuana has a high amount of THC and just a really low quantity of CBD. Hemp, on the other hand, naturally has a really high quantity of CBD in many circumstances, and only a trace amount of THC. Thankfully, the cannabinoid profile of hemp is ideal for people trying to find take advantage of cannabis without the ‘high.’
Hemp is utilized for making organic supplements, food, fiber, rope, paper, bricks, oil, natural plastic, and so a lot more, whereas cannabis is generally used simply recreationally, spiritually, and medicinally. The term marijuana oil can describe either a marijuana or hemp obtained oil, because marijuana and hemp are 2 various kinds of marijuana. In the USA the legal definition of “commercial hemp,” per Section 7606 of the Agricultural Appropriations Act of 2014, is “INDUSTRIAL HEMP– The term “industrial hemp” indicates the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of such plant, whether growing or not, with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis.”
Are hemp derived cannabinoids from CBD as great as CBD from cannabis?
- The short response is yes. CBD is CBD, whether from marijuana or hemp. The majority of marijuana has an extremely low non-psychoactive cannabinoid profile (like CBD, CBC, CBG), so the majority of the time hemp would be far more preferable for anything besides THC. Cannabis is usually extremely high in THC (provides individuals the high) but typically very low in other non-psychoactive cannabinoids. Nowadays in the USA, lots of farmers are growing industrial hemp flowers that are just as beautiful, odor-producing, and terpene rich as the very best marijuana pressures, such as our partnered farmers in Kentucky.
What’s the portion of cannabinoids and CBD in your products?
- Hempworx CBD products have a high purity level. You can review the cannabinoid profile of our products on the Documentation section of our website to find the percentage of CBD, THC, CBG, CBN, CBVA, etc in our tinctures. If you are buying our drops, there’s anywhere from 500 to 750 mg. This equates to 10mg per recommended serving size of 20 drops in the 500mg and 15mg of CBD per 20 drops of the 750mg oil. If you’re buying our CBD Skin Care products, we put just the right amount of CBD coupled with some of the most powerful anti-aging ingredients on the planet to give you visibly smooth skin and additional healing properties. There is 150mg of CBD in our topical relief cream.
Is a standard hemp seed oil the same as a high-CBD hemp extract?
- Absolutely not. Standard hemp oil, which can be discovered really inexpensively at a supermarket, is a much various product than our CO2 hemp extracts (not from seed). Basic hemp oil is produced by cold pressing the seeds, whereas our hemp extract is a supercritical CO2 extraction of the hemp plant itself, not the seeds. Hemp seed oil is thought about to be a fantastic nutritive food, however it doesn’t have the naturally occurring terpenes, cannabinoids and other parts that our extracts do have.
What exactly is the endocannabinoid system? (ECS)
- “The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is a group of endogenous cannabinoid receptors located in the mammalian brain and throughout the main and peripheral worried systems, including neuromodulatory lipids and their receptors.” Wikipedia. There are 2 primary kinds of receptors in the ECS, CB1 and CB2. CB1 receptors are mainly found in the main nerve system and brains of mammals, and CB2 are normally found in the peripheral anxious system. There are two main cannabinoids mammals produce- 2AG and Anandamide (called after the Sanskrit term “ananda” which translates to “peace”). For hundreds of millions of years every vertebrate on Earth has actually been equipped with this ECS, a vital system in the body, and it has been learnt about in the clinical and medical communities since the 1980’s. Nevertheless, it’s still not taught about in most medical schools.