Thyme Essential Oil
History and Myth:
In the middle ages, Thyme was used to promote peaceful sleep, ward off nightmares, and impart courage.
- Add Thyme to favorite daytime diffuser blends to promote a sense of alertness.
- Thyme has a stimulating aroma and helps relieve low spirits
- Said to release mental blockages and trama
- When diffused, Thyme has an invigorating vapor.
- Strengthens the nerves and activates the brain cells aiding in memory and concentration
- Add it to a winter routine to support a healthy immune system.
- It supports healthy cellular function.
- It may contribute to better overall health in conjunction with a better diet and exercise regimen.
- Thyme has antioxidant qualities.
- It promotes a clean and healthy mouth.
- It supports bone health.
- It supports the health of the circulatory system, raises lower blood pressure. May be used for joint and back since it helps with the removal of uric acid.
- When used as a compress can reduce painful swelling
- Thyme supports the health of the lungs and respiratory system. Fortifies the lungs when treating coughs and sore throats. Rather warming and eliminate phlegm
- Thyme supports the health of the cardiovascular system.
- It promotes the health of the nervous system.
- Add Thyme to an oral hygiene routine to support oral health.
- It supports healthy liver function.
- Thyme is cleansing to the gastrointestinal tract and the digestive system.
- It supports the healthy function and response of the immune system.
- It supports healthy musculoskeletal function.
- It may help to support healthy metabolism and weight management.
- Thyme supports bone health.
- Thyme may ease symptoms of normal menstruation in women
- Helpful in childbirth – speedy delivery expelling afterbirth also can help with cases of miscarriage
- Helps stop nose bleeding
Skin and Hair:
- Thyme provides cleansing and purifying effects for the skin.
- Add it to hair products to promote thick and healthy looking hair and a clean scalp.
- May be effective for dandruff and hair loss
- Helpful with wounds and sores as well as dermatitis and boils
- Use Thyme topically or diffuse outdoors to naturally repel insects.
- Diffuse Thyme to purify the air.
- Try adding Thyme to household and kitchen cleaning supplies to promote a cleaner living environment.
- Use one to two drops in place of dried Thyme in favorite recipes
Thyme blends well with…
- Clary Sage,
The Directory of Essential Oils by Wanda Sellar ISBN 0091906679 Pages 166-167
*Please be an advocate for your own health! Consult with a physician before use if you have a serious medical condition or use prescription medications. Do not use this product if you allergic to any of its ingredients. A Doctor’s advice should be sought before using this and any supplemental dietary product. With dōTERRA’s policies on websites and social media we cannot claim that the oils work as drugs, or that they will prevent, treat or cure, any type of ailment, disease, illness or condition.
Michele will be caring some of these oils in the store on a regular basis at Sand N Stones Follow Sand N Stones Facebook Page and Wellness and Laughter Yoga Facebook Page